The local community can turn to Longfield Academy of Sport for access to nationally renowned facilities suited to a diverse line-up of activities. Groups and teams from throughout the region come together to follow their passions during weekday evenings and on weekends. Helping people stay healthy and socially active are fundamental to the operation of Longfield Sport.
Take a glance at our booking form and you can see our extensive range of sports facilities for hire. Darlington sports teams depend on us for access to our £2 million sports hall, 3G pitch, grass pitches, fitness suite, gymnasium, dance studio, running track and pristinely kept Darlington swimming pool. Our facilities are available after 5pm weekly and all day on weekends.
The facilities available for hire consist of the following:-
- Sports Hall – Cricket Nets – The funding provided by the ECB has funded Gerfloor flooring, which is conducive to cricket nets and enhanced cricket specific lighting. Four bookable cricket nets and a bowling machine are available for hire.
- Sports Hall – Five a side football/Futasll – The sports hall is the first sports hall in the country built to new Sport England enhanced size. Five a side football/Futsall are available to book throughout the year.
- Sports Hall – Badminton Courts – Four bookable badminton courts are available for both a mixture of club and personal use. Subject to availability the hall is available for causal use.
- Sports Hall – Basket Ball/Netball/Volleyball
- Sports Hall – General sporting usage e.g. gymnastics, circuit training.
- Fitness Suite – Included within the Sports Centre building is a 30 station Fitness Suite. This is available from 17:00 – 21:45 and at weekends it is used exclusively by the Community. Both membership packages and pay as you go visitors are welcome.
- 3G Pitch. The floodlighted 3G pitch is used extensively for community football during weekday nights and weekday. The pitch is very popular with limited availability for ad-hoc bookings.
- Floodlit tennis courts/netball courts. The five floodlit tennis courts are bookable all year round, for both club and individual usage. On the same multi use courts there are 4 bookable netball courts.
- Swimming Pool. The 20m three lane swimming pool again is available for use by clubs and individual swimming teachers’ usage on an evening and a weekend. There is a community swim on a Tuesday evening.
- School Gymnasium. The current gym is used predominately for general sporting activities, including gymnastics, circuit training and tabata.
- Running Track The current cinder running track is available for hire by the community; however the facilities does not benefit from being floodlighted.
- Grass Pitches. The partner grassroots football club of the Longfield Academy of Sport are the Darlington 21st All Stars, whom book the grass pitches on a Sunday Other clubs also book the grass pitches on an ad-hoc basis.
Make a Booking
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any booking enquires. A member of the Longfield Sport team can provide you with clear date, time and pricing information. These are your contact options:
- Call the school on 01325 380815 before 5:00pm
- Call the sports hall on 01325 348154 after 5:00pm and on weekends
- Email your booking query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Longfield can accept singular and on-going bookings. Get in touch today.